[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Dec 17 11:09:57 CST 2006

Hans said...
> Sunday, December 17, 2006, 1:39:13 PM, marc wrote:
>
> > Now that I've changed this to:
>
> >   (:input radio target Comments Public checked:)
>
> > the file: Testing.Comments is written. That's the good news. However,
> > while I can view Testing.Comments as a regular PmWiki page, I cannot get
> > it to display on the same page as the fox form, despite trying all the
> > placement options.
>
> > Finally, I only seem to be able to post when logged in. Is this correct?
> > The docs say: "By default users are allowed to post, even if they have
> > no page edit rights. Set $FoxAuth = 'edit'; to restrict posting to those
> > with edit rights."
>
> On the CommentBox page you need below the from somewhere:
>    (:include Testing.Comments:)
> to display the page as included.

Oops, I think I misunderstood the 'placement' parameter. So thanks for
pointing that out.

> Well you should be able to post when not logged in.
> Perhaps you can try and delete the Comments page and let it be created
> by your first comment post. Do the CommentBox page and Comments page have
> the same permissions set?

Nope, no dice. It only creates the comment page when a user is logged
in. I'm testing this on a Windows machine, so there are no permission
issues ;-)

> I am not quite sure about this, as I am still investigating some odd
> behaviour, especially not being able to use delete links.
> $FoxAuth = 'read'; (default) means that Fox can read the page when the
> user got 'read' permission.

It seems that UpdatePage in FoxUpdatePage returns different results. I
know UpdatePage doesn't check update permissions, but I don't know what
it does if you don't have them and proceed.

I also spotted that UpdatePage isn't incrementing the rev #. Maybe
that's as designed, but I would have expected it to.

--
Best,
Marc