[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 09:19:37 CST 2006

Sunday, December 17, 2006, 1:39:13 PM, marc wrote:

> Now that I've changed this to:

>   (:input radio target Comments Public checked:)

> the file: Testing.Comments is written. That's the good news. However,
> while I can view Testing.Comments as a regular PmWiki page, I cannot get
> it to display on the same page as the fox form, despite trying all the
> placement options.

> Finally, I only seem to be able to post when logged in. Is this correct?
> The docs say: "By default users are allowed to post, even if they have
> no page edit rights. Set $FoxAuth = 'edit'; to restrict posting to those
> with edit rights."

On the CommentBox page you need below the from somewhere:
   (:include Testing.Comments:)
to display the page as included.

Well you should be able to post when not logged in.
Perhaps you can try and delete the Comments page and let it be created
by your first comment post. Do the CommentBox page and Comments page have
the same permissions set?
I am not quite sure about this, as I am still investigating some odd
behaviour, especially not being able to use delete links.
$FoxAuth = 'read'; (default) means that Fox can read the page when the
user got 'read' permission.

Hans