[pmwiki-users] your mail

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 15 20:08:24 CST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 05:23:18PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 10:09:55AM +1100, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > I can think of a reason: perl-based scripts that want to interact with
> > PmWiki -- I mean, "good" scripts written by users, rather than being an
> > "evil robot".  I know I've had in the back of my mind wanting to be able
> > to use perl scripts to interact with PmWiki (I just haven't written
> > them yet); one as a replacement for pywe, to do "edit wiki pages with
> > your favourite editor"...
>
> 1.  Would it be reasonable to ask that such "good" scripts change
>     the User Agent string to not include the libwww-perl?

Okay, if it's clearly documented, with some code snippets to make it
clear how to change the User Agent string; that would be helpful.

> 2.  I have a perl-based editing script already (based on one that
>     Scott Duff wrote many years ago), but it needs some cleaning up
>     and to be updated to better handle cookies/passwords.

I'd really appreciate if you could make that available; even more if it
could be a module plus a script, because one thing I've been using pywe
with is with a (crude) perl script which automates some things, and then
calls pywe with the results so that the user can fix up errors before
the file gets committed to the wiki.  If the "perl-based editing" could
be a module then there would be some lovely potential for calling it
from other scripts. 8-)

Thanks.

Kathryn Andersen