[pmwiki-users] Zap Data Form Extra Vertical White Space -Gemini or PmWiki?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Dec 11 20:13:35 CST 2006

Indeed:

In Farmconfig.php

we have

$HTMLPNewline = '<br />';

ZAP is doing the insertion of those lines behind the scenes, so I have no
control over this at the markup level.  But I also don't want to\\
to back to requiring\\
users  to enter\\
those "horrid" things\\
just to get new lines (smile)\\

So, I guess we just live with
a couple of blank lines at the top of the form...

SKTS

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 05:39:25PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> No go...table doesn't help. either ZapData, PMwiki or Gemini
>> is still prepending "<br />" line breaks before  hidden input lines:
>
> Are you setting (:linebreaks:) somewhere, either in the
> markup text, a GroupHeader, or in a local customization?
>
> If so, then each linebreak in the input results in a linebreak
> in the output, and this includes (:input hidden ... :) fields
> that may be generated by ZAP or other recipes.
>
> Pm

>> <form method='post'>
>> SNIP///
>> class='inputbox' size='50' />
>> /><input type='hidden' name='savedata'
>> value='ID,Project,Owner,Priority,Status,Description,returnpage' />
>>
>> Sivakatirswami
>> www.himalayanacademy.com
>>
>> Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
>> http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/
>>
>> The Editor wrote:
>>> That is something to do with how PmWiki processes things.  Here's how
>>> I set your form up on my machine to get it to look a little better.
>>>
>>> (Or conceivably your skin.  It doesn't do it on mine).
>>>
>>> (:zapdata:)
>>> (:zapform `Project`Owner`Priority`Status`Description`savedata`datapage` :)
>>> (:table:)
>>> (:cellnr:)Project:
>>> (:cell:)(:select Project:)
>>> (:option "LandManagement":) Land Management
>>> (:option "SystemAdmin":) System Admin
>>> (:option "AjaxInitiative":) Ajax Initiatives
>>> (:option "AudioLibrary":) Audio Library
>>> (:option "MailingLists":) Mailing Lists
>>> (:selectend:)
>>> (:cellnr:)Owner:
>>> (:cell:)(:select Owner:)
>>> (:option "Sivakatirswami":) Sivakatirswami
>>> (:option "Sadhunathan":) Sadhunathan
>>> (:option "Andre":) Andre
>>> (:option Caveman":) Caveman
>>> (:selectend:)
>>> (:cellnr:)Priority:
>>> (:cell:)(:select Priority:)
>>> (:option "1-Urgent!":) Urgent!
>>> (:option "2-High":) High
>>> (:option "3-Medium":) Medium
>>> (:option "4-Low":) Low
>>> (:selectend:)
>>> (:cellnr:)Status:
>>> (:cell:)(:select Status:)
>>> (:option "Open":) Open
>>> (:option "In Progress":) In Progress
>>> (:option "Pending":) Pending
>>> (:option "Hold":) Hold
>>> (:option "Complete":) Complete
>>> (:selectend:)
>>> (:cellnr:)Description:
>>> (:cell:)(:input text Description "{$Description}" size="50":)