[pmwiki-users] Google Map API 2.2.0 Pre 1 Release

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Dec 11 14:57:27 CST 2006

If that's practical, it sounds very easy to use.  I assume that
/cherry_red implies that there could be different sets of icons
installed, though.  Do you envision these as additive, allowing multiple
icon directories to be used at once?  If so, then there would need to be
a method for determining what to do when two icons have the same name.
If that presents significant complications, I'd recommend a single
pub/images/gmapi/icons folder instead; multiple icon sets could be
combined, but duplicate names between icon sets would need to be
resolved by the administrator, rather than by the recipe.

David

On Dec 11, 2006, at 3:16 PM, Ben Wilson wrote:

> I think your suggestion of a "default" set of icons is an excellent
> one. I will do just that. Have you seen a set of icons (via .zip or
> .tgz) that you like? I know there's the standard red with [A-Z 0-9].
> While this might suffice, I would like those who need the icon
feature
> most to ensure I serve their needs. I know of two or three in the
> Community who want this feature implemented. So, perhaps we should
> agree on the "default" set of icons.

How about allowing an "icon pack" -- in pub/images/gmapi/cherry_red/
*.gif

You set foldername and make sure that you have [A-Z0-9].gif in the
folder?

Then set a config.php value for $GMAPI_icons = "cherry_red"; and it
goes to the pub/images/gmapi/$GMAPI_icons for the icons?

easy to drop in any set of icons, people can contribute them, etc.????

Crisses