[pmwiki-users] Google Map API 2.2.0 Pre 2 Release (Address and Directions)

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 22:36:31 CST 2006

I apologize for sending too many emails out so quickly, and for those
not interested, I appreciate your indulgence. Google Map API pre2 has
the following new features:

* fromto - Allows the site administrator or wiki editor to toggle
whether the Directions dialog appears with a display window. This is
for my international siblings for whom Google does not yet provide
directions. I suppose that means that Google either thinks you know
your own way, or that you're best left aimless--not sure which.

* addr - Uses Google's geocoding service to convert a street address
to a lat/lon. I've not tested international addresses.

Multiple maps are still a sticky wicket. You can have multiple maps on
a page, but if you have display windows, they seem to pop-up on the
wrong map. You also can float a map.

Pre-3 should represent fixed multi-maps and perhaps linking to other
wiki pages from within the map.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleMapAPI for the lowdown.

Address feature in play:
http://dausha.net/GoogleMapAPI/AddressLookup
http://dausha.net/GoogleMapAPI/AddressLookup?action=source

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" --- Churchill