[pmwiki-users] Gemini theme topnav

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 12:13:05 CST 2006

Saturday, December 9, 2006, 5:23:38 PM, Cliff wrote:

> I'm using the Gemini theme by Hans and am trying to accomplish something.  I
> want the top navigation bar that is at the top of the screen to also be at
> the bottom of the wiki box in the middle of the page.  When I do this
> originally the bottom appears as buttons instead of matching the top
> exactly.  Then there are issues of it not having the pipes( | ) in between
> each entry,  not centered correctly and other issues.

Hi Cliff,
the easiest way seems to me to make one change in skin-gemini.tmpl,
and then add a bunch of new css attributes.

The change I have in mind for the skin template:
replace

This change will apply the pipelist used in topnav through
class='nav', and give the footnav a new div name, so it does not pick
up the css button styles.

then you need to add some new css to get the styling as you like.
This depends very much on what color and font scheme you use.
For instance:

#footnav1 { text-align:center;
            font-size:85%;
            font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}
#footnav1 li a:link, #footnav1 li a:visited { color:#000;}
#footnav1 li a:hover, #footnav1 li a:active { color:#f00; background:#F5E9BD  }

The color values for #topnav may work, or may not (not for blue color
scheme, as the top background is dark and the text color used light).

I think hacking the template like this is the easiest way to do it,
otherwise you need to hunt css values all over the place, and
duplicate the whole pipelist style .nav class.

Let me know how you got on.

Hans