[pmwiki-users] Blogging support in PMWiki

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Dec 8 11:34:34 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 11:05:20AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> >
> > Pm is a true genius, and no one questions whatever he does will be
> > right for PmWiki.  However, from what I have read of his blogging
> > plans, ZAP has one HUGE advantage.  It fully separates form from
> > content allowing you to do things with comments/blogs, etc, that are
> > simply impossible in setting up comments as simply embedded/included
> > wiki pages.
>
> FWIW, the plans I have for PmWiki's commenting feature isn't limited
> to embedding them in wiki pages -- that's just one configuration.
> The commenting feature will also allow individual comments to be
> stored on separate pages.

Yes, I understood what you have in mind.  But whether a comment is
embedded in a page, included from another page, or even
embedded/included onto another page--that's all still fundamentally
different from storing the various bits of information as data values
which can be retrieved, sorted, and displayed in any format you want
at will  (essentially database like w/o the database). ZAP can already
do the commenting you describe, but after stumbling onto the power of
putting the info into data values it was like a Eureka moment.
Personally, I completely abandoned that approach some time ago, and
can't really imagine much enticing me back into the use of "static"
comment pages.

Cheers,
Caveman