[pmwiki-users] Upload error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 7 12:13:32 CST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 01:02:59PM -0500, Lida Douglas wrote:
> I have PMWiki 2.2 loaded on a Windows 2003 server with PHP installed.
> I enabled Upload and put in a site-wide password in the config file:
> $EnableUpload = 1;
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('secret');
>
> When I try to upload a file, it asks for the password, lets me go
> through the process of finding and naming the file.  But when I click
> Upload, it asks for the password twice more and then returns to the
> Upload screen with a message that no file was uploaded.  If I change the
> config file to $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = ' '; the upload works
> correctly.....but of course that defeats the security issue!
>
> Any ideas??

What version of PHP?

PHP under Windows often has trouble with the default setting of
session_save_path, and thus PHP is unable to save sessions.

You might try setting an explicit temporary directory for session_save_path
in the php.ini file, or you can do it in PmWiki's local/config.php
file by using:

    session_save_path('C:\\temp');

Let me know if this helps.