[pmwiki-users] zapsite

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Dec 7 10:38:50 CST 2006

On 12/7/06, SMETS Stephane     BKS-IT <stephane.smets at banksys.be> wrote:
> Hello
> Finaly I understand what it happens.
> It is a browser setting for security with the cookie, on ALL internet explorer version. The cookie is coming from www.fast.st/zap  and not from zapsite.org so the browser block it for security reason. If I surf with http://www.fast.st/zap I can login. That means probably also that any visitor under IE cannot  run your site. (except if they lower the security level which is not a good idea)
> Can I suggest that you make a little message on the site?
> And can I also suggest that we can read (not test) the documentation without any login?
> Thanks in advance for all
> Stéphane

Thanks Stephane for figuring this out and my apologies.  I don't use
IE except as necessary and hadn't noticed it as I usually type the
full path to help in my debugging, etc.  That may also explain why the
source doesn't work in IE.

I just fixed this.  Let me know if it works now for you...

As for being able to see the documentation, it's all open to read,
except for the snippets, and they are open--just the links don't
appear in the sidebar unless you login.

The problem with changing that is, people try to use a snippet before
they login, then it doesn't work (it can be made to work but its a bit
of trouble), and then they decide ZAP doesn't work right or
whatever...  So now they need to login, and everything works
(hopefully) like it's supposed to...

You can of course always just login as Guest/test

Cheers
Caveman