[pmwiki-users] Release: GoogleMapsInterface

Craige Leeder craige at internetadvisor.ca
Wed Dec 6 14:11:01 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>Actually, the markup you're looking for is probably
>something like:
>
>  Markup('map', '_begin',
>    '/\\(:map(-location|-end)(\\s.*?)?:\\)/ie',
>    "CvtMarkup('$1', PSS('$2'))");
>
>The \s* approach above doesn't require the space (since \s*
>will match an empty string), so what we really want is a
>required space (i.e., \s) before any options.

Okay, I tried it, and it got me to the same place my most recent
expression got me: It matches the map-location, and map-end tags, but
not base map tag.

And also, I'm not sure what possessed me, or you to do it, but we don't
need the question marks. The asterisk means zero or more of the
preceding, so the question mark is not required after the asterisk, it
will pass not matching anything anyway.

>Also, I should note that performing this markup at the '_begin'
>stage of processing is *really* early -- in particular, it occurs
>even before escapes ([=...=] and [@...@]) are processed.
>At the very least I'd recommend that it be moved to occur
>at some point after the escape markups:
>
>  Markup('map', '>[=',
>    '/\\(:map(-location|-end)(\\s.*?)?:\\)/ie',
>    "CvtMarkup('$1', PSS('$2'))");
>
>I'd also recommend a function name other than "CvtMarkup".  :-)

Okay, I'll change it.  Still getting used to the way PmWiki works, so I
wasn't aware.

- Craige
-- InternetAdvisor.ca