[pmwiki-users] drafts question. How to grant publish rights?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Dec 2 06:52:26 CST 2006

>> I use AuthUser and this is all I had to use to add a "publish"
>> action.  Anybody in the @publisher group has publishing permission
>> but not admin permission.  Unfortunately, I am not user UserAuth, so
>> I'm not sure what changes are necessary for that recipe.
>>
>> $HandleAuth['publish'] = 'publish';
>> $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = '@publisher';
>> $AuthCascade['publish'] = 'edit';
>> $PageAttributes['passwdpublish'] = '$[Set new publish password:]';
>>
>> Scott Connard.
>
> Thanks for your response, but i'd like to understand this a little
> better. Am i right that publish is an action like edit or diff
> or.. ? I tried to check the code, but i could not find where this
> action is defined. at least not in drafts.php. I could not find the
> word 'publish' anywhere.Maybe i was searching in the wrong files :-)
>
> I included $HandleAuth['publish'] = 'publish'; into my group.php
> but this didn't work neither.
>
> I just don't get where publish is defined.
>
> Any ideas?

Scott added a new level of authentication: the "publish" layer of
authentication.  It is probably all part of AuthUser.

How are you setting up publishing?  If you have a page that is say
Group-Drafts/ArticleName, then is published to Group/ArticleName, you
would give the @publish group of users permission to edit Group --
they would not get administrator privileges, it would be permission
to edit the group.

I'm not sure if UserAuth allows this, but I know that basic PmWiki
authentication and AuthUser does.

Crisses