[pmwiki-users] drafts question. How to grant publish rights?

Florian Fischer Flori-Fischer at gmx.net
Fri Dec 1 10:00:48 CST 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:05:54 -0500
Von: Scott Connard <connard at dsg-inc.com>
An: Florian Fischer <Flori-Fischer at gmx.net>
Betreff: Re: [pmwiki-users] drafts question. How to grant publish rights?

> Florian wrote;
> > at the moment i'm struggling through my drafts-configuration.
> > Untill now i had users who where only allowed to save drafts and
> > these drafts where published by the admin. At the moment i'm having
> > the following configuration: Since i use it only in one group i use
> > a group.php file with the content:
> >
> > <?php
> > # turn on draft edits
> > $EnableDrafts = 1;
> > # use special edit form with button swapping
> > $PageEditForm = 'Group.EditForm';
> > # create a publish password for Drafts
> > $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = crypt('publish');
> > $AuthCascade['publish'] = 'edit';
> > $PageAttributes['passwdpublish'] = '$[Set new publish password:]';
> >
> > No i want to introduce another userlayer, people responsable for
> > publishing drafts but no admin. I'm using Userauth. I tried to
> > grant publish rights by publish_group-Group or publish, but since
> > publish isn't an action itself (At least i think so ;-)) this
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > Any ideas how to grant publish rights?
>
> I use AuthUser and this is all I had to use to add a "publish"
> action.  Anybody in the @publisher group has publishing permission
> but not admin permission.  Unfortunately, I am not user UserAuth, so
> I'm not sure what changes are necessary for that recipe.
>
> $HandleAuth['publish'] = 'publish';
> $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = '@publisher';
> $AuthCascade['publish'] = 'edit';
> $PageAttributes['passwdpublish'] = '$[Set new publish password:]';
>
> Scott Connard.

Thanks for your response, but i'd like to understand this a little better. Am i right that publish is an action like edit or diff or.. ? I tried to check the code, but i could not find where this action is defined. at least not in drafts.php. I could not find the word 'publish' anywhere.Maybe i was searching in the wrong files :-)

I included $HandleAuth['publish'] = 'publish'; into my group.php but this didn't work neither.

I just don't get where publish is defined.

Any ideas?