[pmwiki-users] password reminders, and remembering usernames

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Dec 1 10:35:49 CST 2006

R Creighton said...
> I'd like to make login a little easier for some of my
> users who aren't particularly experienced with computers
> (and who sometimes forget their username and/or password).
>
> Is there a way of doing one or other of these things:
>
> 1. Setting cookies so that the username is always remembered
> on any given machine (unless the user specifically requests
> otherwise). (I imagine/hope this ought to be simple, and
> would be a tremendous help, but I don't know how to achieve it.)

A decent browser will do this for you - remember login details, that is.

Keep in mind that some browsers are set to delete all cookies when the
browser is closed, unless they are explicitly protected.

> 2. Setting up a system whereby emails are stored, and if
> someone has forgotten their password, they can automatically
> have it reset and sent to that email. (I guess this is more
> complicated - but does anyone know of such a system being
> implemented?  I couldn't see anything like that in CookBook.)

Yes, I have my own code for this based around authuser. I think
AuthUserDbase-2.0.0 can do this.

--
Best,
Marc