[pmwiki-users] MimeTex

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 12:39:21 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:23:21PM +0200, Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
> The buildup of the Wiki site I plan to use for a textbook is
> continuing.  The next step is to add the ability to add and edit
> mathematical formula.  As far as I can see, there are three
> alternatives in the Cookbook:
>
> ASCIIMath
> MIME Tex
> LINUX Tex
> [...]
> The Cookbook for MimeTex looks fine, but it seems that that one has
> and can compile using cc.  Not impossible I guess, even if I am using
> Windows, I am also using Apache, so that part might work, but ...  I
> am not sure

The MimeTeX site has a pre-compiled binary for Windows that can be
downloaded -- see the "Precompiled Binaries..." section of
http://www.forkosh.com/mimetex.html .  So, maybe that can be
made to work.

If you have too much difficulty getting it to work on Windows,
let me know and I can see about adjusting the MimeTeX recipe.