[pmwiki-users] Bug: Multiple emails from wiki engine about recent changes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 29 08:11:09 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 08:50:36AM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > The version of PmWiki I am using is 2.1.beta22. If you think it helps,
> > > I can upgrade (I should do that anyway, but it'd be nice to fix the
> > > bug first).
> >
> > The bug has been "fixed" by replacing MailPosts with NotifyList
> Ok, I'll upgrade PmWiki somehow then. (I say somehow since I've been using
> Subversion for the upgrade process, which doesn't work now that the
> server has problems resolving pmwiki.org).
> [...]
> Another possible solution might be to hardcode pmwiki.org into /etc/hosts
> or something like that, but unfortunately I don't have root access to the
> server.

I'm not sure that your system has problems _resolving_ pmwiki.org, it's
acting more like the system has difficulty _connecting_ to pmwiki.org.
Especially since ping and other tools seem to work.

For example, instead of using "pmwiki.org" on the command line, perhaps
try the actual IP address, as in:

That will bypass DNS resolution altogether.

If you still get a similar error, then the problem isn't in name
resolution but in connection.  That would likely indicate that a firewall
(either on your end or pmwiki.org's) is blocking http and subversion
requests between the two hosts.

What's the IP address that you're coming from?  Perhaps I can find
out if the pmwiki.org server is blocking such requests.