[pmwiki-users] Core and question marks

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 12:12:01 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:25:28PM -0400, The Editor
> > Also the idea of being able to do it only for
> incoming links to
> > selected groups has its own appeal...  It helps me
> spot broken links
> > that aren't supposed to be broken.
> Agreed; I'm still thinking about how I might do
> that.

I have not yet thought of any drawbacks to your idea
of faking out the PageExists function.  A nice side
affect of this which the current per group solution
(editing LinkPage) does not provide is the ability to
redirect to pages within these special groups.  I like
this since these pages exist as far as viewers are
concerned, an author should be able to redirect to
them.  Currently I have had to hack the redirect to be
able to redirect to non-existant pages.  This would
eliminate the need for that hack too!

This might be a little hard to do, but I have thought
that it might be nice to allow authors (not just
admins) to define these groups by putting a tag in the
GroupHeader or GroupFooter for these groups since one
of them will probably exits.  Example, by adding
(:virtualgroup:) to Virtual.GroupHeader, pmwiki will
act as if all the pages in the Virtual group exist no
matter what.

Do You Yahoo!?