[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Google Map API v.2.0.0--Hot off the press

Hans hans.bracker at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 24 04:17:29 CDT 2006

On 23/08/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> However, if we accept that <!--FooterText--> would nearly always
> appear immediately before the </body></html> tags at the end, I
> don't see that it would cause any problems.  Most skin templates
> already have to have a <!--/PageFooterFmt--> before the
>
> I'll take it under advisement for now, but at the moment I'm
> leaning in favor of it.  How many recipes are there
> (besides GoogleMapAPI) that need this?

I don't know of any. GoogleMapAPI is the first I come across which
needs manual modifications of the skin template. But the subject came
up before for reasons I forgot.
Mostly such variables will help with some more tricky javascript
implementations.

> Having a variable in the <body> tag can be established as a
> convention among skin authors.  I would call it $BodyAttrFmt
> instead of $BodyOnLoad, however.

$BodyAttrFmt sounds good to me. Hope skin developers will inset it in
the template.

~Hans