[pmwiki-users] Blogging support?

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Wed Aug 16 12:51:07 CDT 2006

Personally, I'm already using the blogsimple recipe on my site at
http://www.davidaspitzley.org/habitrail, and I've been quite happy
with it.  The majority of the work was simply setting up the pagelist
formats the way I wanted.  I actually think that blogsimple might be the
best starting point for purposes of incorporating blogging into the
system.

David

On 8/16/06, Hernan Moraldo <hmoraldo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've seen some time ago PM said blogging support would be added to
the
> PmWiki... while there are some blogging recipes out there, I was
wondering
> whether direct blogging support would be added in next versions of
the
> software.
>
>  Is blogging support still in todo list for next releases, or has it
been
> cancelled?

Chiming in:

I have a wiki I'm just about to set up that really wants to be
partly-blog.

PM: If, as I imagine, in-built blogging support is still some time
away, it would be helpful if we could know if you have any
recommendations for what to do (or avoid doing) in our setups now, to
make the transition to the PMBlog-to-come as painless as possible.

I'm guessing that the most important guidance would have to do with
what pagenames to assign?  I imagine a blog's entries would be
contained in a single wikigroup(?).  Since a single day might see
several entries on several topics, would it be best to name them
* yyyymmddShortTopicName, or
* yyyymmddA, yyyymmddB, yyyymmddC, ..., or
* just by topic name, knowing that we can sort by creation-timestamp?

Other suggestions?