[pmwiki-users] Blogging support?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:28:40 CDT 2006

On 8/16/06, Hernan Moraldo <hmoraldo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've seen some time ago PM said blogging support would be added to the
> PmWiki... while there are some blogging recipes out there, I was wondering
> whether direct blogging support would be added in next versions of the
> software.
>
>  Is blogging support still in todo list for next releases, or has it been
> cancelled?

Chiming in:

I have a wiki I'm just about to set up that really wants to be partly-blog.

PM: If, as I imagine, in-built blogging support is still some time
away, it would be helpful if we could know if you have any
recommendations for what to do (or avoid doing) in our setups now, to
make the transition to the PMBlog-to-come as painless as possible.

I'm guessing that the most important guidance would have to do with
what pagenames to assign?  I imagine a blog's entries would be
contained in a single wikigroup(?).  Since a single day might see
several entries on several topics, would it be best to name them
* yyyymmddShortTopicName, or
* yyyymmddA, yyyymmddB, yyyymmddC, ..., or
* just by topic name, knowing that we can sort by creation-timestamp?

Other suggestions?