[pmwiki-users] defining authuser groups in config.php

Bart pmwiki-users at mediamatrix.nl
Tue Aug 15 19:24:54 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:44:33PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
| On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:16:52PM +0200, benjamin behringer wrote:
| > hi list
| > is it somhow possible to define usergroups in config.php I did try the
| > following but without success:
| >
| > $AuthUser['Admin'] = crypt('adminpassword');
| > $AuthUser['Adminuser'] = crypt('adminuserpassword');
| > $AuthUser['Normaluser'] = crypt('userpassword');
| >
| > $AuthUser['@admins'] = array('id:Admin','id:BenjaminBehringer');
|
| There's not an easy way to do a single group listing from config.php.
| However, one can do:
|
|     $AuthUser['Admin'] = array(crypt('adminpassword'), '@admins');
|     $AuthUser['Adminuser'] = array(crypt('adminuserpassword', '@admins');
|     $AuthUser['Normaluser'] = crypt('userpassword');
|
| which both sets the passwords and places 'Admin' and 'Adminuser'
| into the @admins group.
|
| Pm

Hi Pm, hi All,

I really like the way PmWiki can make use of a (centralized) .htpasswd file.
A lot of webbased applications can learn from this.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement the use of a .htgroup file in
AuthUser (and other Cookbook recipes) in the same way as Apache uses the
group feature.

I know, AuthUser has it's own group feature, (as it has it's own user
features) but just being able to maintain, both a (centralized) passwd and
group file makes a site administrator's live even more easy, cause working
with users and groups is for a Linux administrator very straight forward :-)

Pm, thanks for putting such a good vision into code. I work with PmWiki for
a few weeks now and it's every thing I was looking for the past three years
:-)

Bart (already totally hooked ;-)

(The Netherlands)