[pmwiki-users] nesting divs and tables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 5 02:15:40 CDT 2006

I'm experimenting with a feature on pmwiki.org to allow nesting
(:table:) within (:div:), (:div:) within (:table:), and divs
within divs.  (Nesting of table directives still isn't supported.)

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/NestTableAndDiv for some samples.

Also, out of curiosity, is there anyone who is likely to be
negatively impacted by this change?  Since nesting hasn't been
allowed until now, the only case I can imagine that might cause
a problem is where an author has relied on (:table:)/(:cell:)
to automatically close a >>div<</(:div:) and vice-versa.  But
I can't imagine that this is at all common (and, of course,
it's easily fixed when it does occur).

Comments, questions, suggestions, and votes in favor or against
are welcomed.