[pmwiki-users] wiki farm - only local wiki skin works

JB jbit at ev1.net
Fri Aug 4 02:55:48 CDT 2006

I made a wiki farm.  In my local wiki I was able to
remove the scripts, the wikilib.d, and the cookbook
directories and still have the local wiki
run correctly.

I put my skin "/twopane" which will be used by multiple
wikis in the wiki farm pub/skins directory and removed
it from a local wiki directory.  It seems that PMWiki
cannot find it.

I tried putting the line "$Skin = 'twopane';" into the
wiki farm config.php and it cannot find it.  I tried
removing it from the local wiki config.php.  I tried
several combinations of this.  Nothing works unless the
skin is in the local wiki skins directory.

(I did completely clear my firefox cache each time I
tested this)

This DOES work for the "print" skin.  I had modified my
local print skin.  When I copy it to the wiki farm skins
directory it and delete the local print skin it works.
PMWiki does find it.

Is the information below wrong?

Why would it be able to find the print skin and not
my "/twopane" skin?

Isn't it enough to put "$Skin = 'twopane';" into
either config.php file and it should look in the
local wiki skin directory and then the wiki farm
skin directory and be able to find it?

Thanks

John

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSetupByExample