[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Marklets-0.9.2

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 01:19:07 CDT 2006

For those testing, using this recipe, please read the recipe
documentaion on PmWiki.org.[1]  My last email stated to do that to
correct a now-defunt markup, which led to some confusion. So, I will
try not to explain things here. I'd rather confuse you on the wiki

This release seeks to silence a nagging issue of dynamic category
generation. I have provided two approaches. First, $MarkletCategories
allows the site administrator to list a set of static categories. I
just realized it does not prevent new categories, but it's 1a, and my
wife is wondering when I'm going to help get our house ready for sale.

The second "solution" is $MarkletCategoriesFunction, which allows the
site administrator to code his own function for listing categories.
Thus, putting the ball in another's court. Although, I would encourage
any site admin availing himself of this function to post their code
solutions on the recipe page for other's edification.

I fixed Andrew's complaint about the duplicates. First, the bug has
been exterminated--I had changed a variable name without applying that
change consistently.

Second, the duplicate is now a markup, and the markup returns a
site-customizeable value. This means you can 1) set to '' to turn it
off, 2) wrap (:if:) conditionals to restrict notification or 3) accept
the default. By using a markup, the change of the variable (RTFRP)
affects all (0.9.2+) duplicates.

Finally, a master list of bookmarks would be best served by a
pagelist. Alternatively, a recipe where each bookmark is its own page,
which would be maddening indeed.

The multiple categories slipped this release. Not that I can't do it,
but it's now 1:15a. :-)

I appreciate everybody's patience with my numerous announcements,
especially after such a lull. I wish I could say I was manic, but the
truth is I'm on break between semesters at law school and I enjoy
programming.[2] The announcements will stop either when the
features/bug list is null or the next term starts. For those trying
out this recipe, I appreciate your patience with the problems and your

[1]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Marklets
[2]:  Sick, I know.
Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT