[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Marklets-0.9.1

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Aug 3 19:34:46 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 03:09:45PM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> [1]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Marklets
>
>     * Bug: Fixed problem with delete tag code. Specifically, the
> markup for the codelets and the delete tag were screwed up. I had
> changed the codelet tag without regression testing.
>     * Bug: Fixed non-functioning $MarkletAddTextToEnd behavior. This
> was an easy task of adding the variable to global within the function.
>     * Bug: Slashes. I think I've slashed them.
>     * Feature: Delete appears only when user can edit the page. I just
> wrapped it in an (:if:) block
Thanks for all that!

>     * Feature: Added $MarkletSplitPoint functionality.
>
> The default behavior of this recipe is to create
> Bookmarks.Bookmarks-Example  into the "Example" category. The last
> feature allows Bookmarks.BookmarksExample or even Bookmarks.Example to
> represent the "Example" category. This is a bit better explained in
> the recipe documentation at PmWiki.org. I forgot the maxim: "if it's a
> personal preference, make it configurable."

I'm afraid that doesn't really help me.  What I was hoping for was
something that would enable the following:
* all "normal" pages in the current (Bookmarks) group are considered to
  be categories (that is, the list excludes things like GroupHeader,
  GroupFooter SideBar etc)  (even better would be if one could specify
  which pages were excluded, so that one could exclude custom "special"
  pages like Templates)
* these "normal" pages don't have to be called anything special.  They
  don't have to start with "Bookmarks" or "Bookmarks-" or anything at
  all -- the page name is the category name.

Looking at the code, I realize this requires a rethink, because it
affects everthing to do with categories *and* how one selects pages
which one considers to be category pages. (Matching the current pagename
as is done now, doesn't work, because it requires pages to match
Bookmarks.Bookmarks rather than being in the Bookmarks group)

But I really would like this, because it means I could convert an
existing "Links" group on my site to use this recipe without having to
rename every single page (and all pages which refer to those pages).

To give an example of what I would like, I would like the page
Bookmarks.Foo to be for the category "Foo", but Bookmarks.GroupFooter
would be excluded from the list of categories.

> If you have tried out this recipe, I recommend you fix the marklet
> codelet markup "(:marklet:)" as per the recipe's documentation. If you

Er, that *still* doesn't work.  Looking at the code, it appears to
expect (:marklet-codelet:) rather than (:marklet:)

Kathryn Andersen