[pmwiki-users] Page TOC listing showing up center-aligned

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Aug 2 22:41:00 CDT 2006

On Tuesday, 1 August 2006 2:29 PM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 01 Aug 2006 10:58:57 +1200, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>><snip> ... the problem goes away if I use

>> >!!Section Heading
>> >
>> >Instead of
>> >
>> >!!%center%Section Heading%%
>>
>> I suspect that the toc is picking up the %center% as part of the
>> toc entry text, so is centering each item. That should be fixable.
>> Could you look at the html for the toc items and see if they
>> include a center alignment attribute?
>>
>><snip>
>>

>Oh! Duh.  Right.  The TOC list items are centered because they are
>reflecting, or 'reporting', both the text and formatting of the
>headings on the page.  Of course!
>
>Now that I understand 1) what's causing it, and 2) what I can do to
>work around it, I don't believe I require any change at all (though
>others might), other than a sharp slap upside the head.
>
>Thanks for your patience,
>
>Tegan

Pico's suggestion to "remove %right% and %center% because both are
likely to throw off the layout of the toc items in similar ways"
has much merit.

I have been unable to think of a case when one would prefer
the toc items to be centred or right aligned, so I plan to
implement this change in the next release.

Another workaround, of course, is to centre headings via an
external style sheet. This would be suitable when one wants
all headings of a particular level to have the same style.
--
JR
--

       \_