[pmwiki-users] Pagelist lists pages that don't exist?

Gary Spivey gspivey at georgefox.edu
Sun Apr 30 01:49:08 CDT 2006

I am having some odd behavior from pagelist (likely my fault).

I had a set of pages (RobotCar) that I wanted to rename to
(LineFollowingRobotCar). Rather than go through the wiki, I simply wrote
a perl script to move the files and change the RobotCar references to
the new LineFollowingRobotCar. These pages are in a group that are not
viewable without being authenticated.

Formerly, everything worked fine and when I did a pagelist, the pages
did not show up unless the user was authenticated.

However, after the move, the pages show up in the pagelist as links to
be created??!!? If I try and edit them, I need to authenticate. If I do
so, and save nothing on the page, and then log out, things work
correctly again. If I edit the page and use 'delete' to have the wiki
delete it, it shows up again in the unauthenticated users page list as a
link to be created.

Any idea what is going on here? I went ahead and simply moved all of the
pages in that group to /tmp. When I did the pagelist, EVERY page showed
up as a link to be created.

Where is pagelist getting the names from? How does it know that these
files have been moved?

-Gary