[pmwiki-users] spaces in page names?

Thomas Richter marfak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 06:00:09 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I am creating a FAQ based on PmWiki, so page names  are descriptive
questions. For two reasons i would like the Page names to retain
spaces.

First: I use the tags-cookbook extension, and the links automatically
listed for a tag get garbled (something like
"WhatCodecIsBestForVideocompression"), because they are derived from
the page name.

Second: it would be fine, if page names could be parsed by Google and
understood as compositions of different keywords.

I localized one bit of the PmWiki Code where spaces are being stripped
(function MakePageName) and i would like to convert them to "%20" but
i failed to find other relevant parts of the code.

So I´am asking you: is it possible? Or are there unintended
side-effects of a change like this?

Thanks,
Thomas