[pmwiki-users] please don't use formatted email

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Mon Apr 24 03:44:36 CDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:17:52AM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> Hmmm .... maybe I'll switch to a shorter sig ...

And perhaps start it with "-- " on a single line (yes, that's minus
minus blank) - this way some mail clients can identify them and remove
them on reply, etc.

BTW - I don't read HTML Mails, because my client only supports text :-).
And to be honest - I have about 1200 Mails in my inbox everyday, not
including mailing lists and automatically deleted SPAM. Having weird
formatting on every Xth mail is really annoying. Especially when there
are colors, backgrounds, etc.

So - if possible at all - try to avoid HTML mails. People were able to
do so for quite a long time. I don't see why it should not work anymore.

And make sure you follow some simple "rules" that were established
during that time - like inline quoting, quotings using "> ", etc.

It just makes life a lot easier for people that need to manage tons of
mails every day.

     Balu