[pmwiki-users] Skin problem with wikitrail

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 02:30:36 CDT 2006

Sunday, April 23, 2006, 3:18:08 AM, Peter wrote:
> Is there a way for a Skin to update PmWiki/GroupHeader?  Being able to
> make a Skin isn't very useful if the default installation has some pages
> that don't play well with the skin... (dark background = light
> foreground, which causes problems - I can't ready white on yellow :-) )

> Or would my skin just have to have instructions "Go to
> PmWiki/GroupHeader and start making these changes"?

No, you need to edit Pmwiki.GroupHeader yourself.
GroupHeader is a normal wiki page, with the special quality that its
content is included on the top of every page in the group.
That is the reason it is useful to put wiki style definitions there,
which will have an effect for all pages in the group 9like the trail
used on pmwiki documentation pages).

I think we need to document somewhere (related to skin changes
perhaps) which of the default pages coming with pmwiki use any sort of
color definitions for certain elements.

Ideally these should not be in any page, but rather in css.

Best,
 Hans