[pmwiki-users] Comment on spam protection for blog comments

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Apr 19 17:32:41 CDT 2006

Somewhere in the archives, PM was heard to say:
> Turning url approvals on/off for comment page is already easy to do.
> Limiting the number of links per comment is a bit more difficult --
> probably won't be in the first version (and perhaps never unless
> someone writes a recipe for it).

If the comments run through the same approvals that normal page edits
do, then they can be checked for number of links and Blocklist
entries.  That should pretty much take care of most commentspam.  I
get maybe one "successful" wikispam a month or less right now and run
several open-edit wikis.  I don't see why comments would be spammed
more than the wiki itself and I have no plans to require logins on my
open-edit wikis, even after I add blogging features.

Crisses
--
"God has shown me.  God has forgiven me."
"He hasn't forgiven you; he has made you mad."