[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs - get rid of "Main"

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 04:22:09 CDT 2006

Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 5:18:31 PM, Mike wrote:
> Maybe such a behavior (i.e., a switch like $HideMainGroup=1) could be
> included in the next release? I'd be happy to update my running version
> then...

That should not really be necessary.
pmwiki ships only with three pages in the Main group:
Main.HomePage
Main.WikiSandbox
Main.GroupAttributes

To change the default startup behaviour, set
$DefaultGroup = 'MyStartupDefaultgroup';  #default is 'Main'
$DefaultName = 'DefaultPageForEachGroup'; #default is 'HomePage'
$DefaultPage = 'MySpecialStartupPage';    #default is
     DefaultGroup.DefaultName, i.e. Main.HomePage, when no page is
     specified in the url.

AllRecentChanges are now (pmwiki2.1) in the Site group, and if you
upgrade to 2.1 you can delete or move Main.AllRecentchanges

The WikiSandbox could be anywhere, and links to the HomePage and to the
Sandbox can easily be changed on the default Site.SideBar, which will get
edited in any case.

I recommend you upgrade to 2.1.

Best,
 Hans