[pmwiki-users] Strange edit problem with firefox

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 2 10:16:32 CDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 11:01:04PM -0500, karlh wrote:
> I have two installations of pmwiki on my website.  Both installations are in
> their own sub-domain so are completely isolated from each other but they are
> both on the same server so have access to the same system.
>
> The first installation is an older version of pmwiki and editing works great
> with any browser I use.
>
> The second installation is the latest version as of April 1st (no joke).  When
> I click on the edit button using Firefox v1.5 for any page I get a blank page
> with the word, "Forbidden" at the top.  If I use Konqueror as a browser
> though, I have no problems editing a page.

You get the word "Forbidden" when you click the edit link, or when
you attempt to save a page?

It sounds to me as though PmWiki thinks your version of Firefox is a
spider/robot, and is blocking access to ?action=edit.  Have you
perhaps customized the "user-agent" setting in Firefox, to make it
look like a robot?

Are you able to use Firefox to edit pages on pmwiki.org?