[pmwiki-users] Editing the Password Page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 30 18:59:27 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:59:02AM -0700, Jaap Suter wrote:

> Anyway, I would like to edit the password page so it explains to
> people without the password, what they can do to obtain a password.
> I searched for the page in the wiki.d and wikilib.d directories,
> but I couldn't find it. The CookBook doesn't seem to mention it
> either, nor do the archives.
>
> Probably I'm overlooking the obvious again, but could somebody tell me how to
> add content to the password page?

At present it's not a wiki page, but a variable ($AuthPromptFmt) to
be set in the local/config.php file.  Essentially you have to do

  $AuthPromptFmt = array(&$PageStartFmt,
      <form name='authform' action='{$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']}' method='post'>
        $[Password]: <input tabindex='1' type='password' name='authpw'
          value='' />
        <input type='submit' value='OK' />\$PostVars</form>
        <script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'><!--
          document.authform.authpw.focus() //--></script>", &$PageEndFmt));

but change the HTML to read however you want.

Eventually I expect it to become a wiki page (Site.AuthForm),
I just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.  Given that we
have so many forms that are now being placed in the Site.* group,
I need to come up with some standard subroutines for handling them
rather than building special-purpose code for each.