[pmwiki-users] Re: General Farming Questions - Fields config

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 08:21:56 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:48:29PM +0200, OBUTEX / Hlad?vka wrote:
> I tried to setup a farm having 2 fields.
> I have several problems I am not able to solve:
>
> 1) Skin monobook - until the skin files are not in farm/field/pub/skins
> only the initial call
> of the site is corretly rendered; other pages are rendered in top-down
> sequence (PageHeader,SideBar,page text...)
> using the default pmwiki skin
> 4) when editing a page, GUI buttons are not wisible (skin monobook)

These might be issues with the monobook skin implementation --
I'll have to check.

> 2) "include"  statements  for cookbook receipts in
> farm/local/farmconfig.php
> must be include_once('../cookbook/titledictindex.php');
> the include_once('cookbook/titledictindex.php');  is not sufficient

To get cookbook recipes from the farm, use

    include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/titledictindex.php");

> 3) $FarmD variable is like not defined - when I use it in the SandBox,
> the output is a link  to DocumentationIndex

$FarmD is a variable to be used in configuration scripts; it doesn't
normally work in markup.

> 5) Where the localisation translated pages such
> PmWikiSk.EditQuickReference should be placed?
> Only English text is shown (while farm/wikilib.d/PmWikiSk.XLPage works)

First, I think I might've messed things up on pmwiki.org here...I didn't
quite recognizing that "Slovak" (language code "sk") and "Slovenian"
(language code "sl") are two different languages.

If you'd like to copy a Slovak translation to
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiSk/XLPage (along with any other
Slovak files you may have), I'd be really happy to include it
in the i18n.tgz distribution.

At any rate, the answer to your question is to set the following phrase
translation in PmWikiSk.XLPage:

    '{$SiteGroup}/EditQuickReference' => 'PmWikiSk/EditQuickReference',

which says to use the alternate EditQuickReference when
PmWikiSk.XLPage is loaded.