[pmwiki-users] title directive and links

Dan Weber webmaster at drwhosting.net
Fri Sep 23 12:47:09 CDT 2005

--- romat2 <romat2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > However, take a look at the TitledLinks cookbook recipe, at
> >
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TitledLinks
> >
> > This adds a [[PageName|+]] markup that uses the title of PageName
> > as the link text.  I've just updated the recipe to eliminate a bug
> > or two and make it a bit more compatible with 2.0.6.
> >

> Thank you for the tip. I did't know about this useful recipe. And
> what
> about to use this idea to show search results links the same way.
> Currently, search results always show less descriptive page names, so
> sometimes it is not clear what is the page about. Page titles would
> be
> ideal.
>
> Roman

I was able to change the RecentChanges page format by changing the
following two variables:

$RecentChangesFmt['$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges'] = '*
[[$Group.$Name|+]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink:
[=$ChangeSummary=]';

$RecentChangesFmt['$Group.RecentChanges'] = '* [[$Group/$Name|+]] . . .
$CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]';

I could not find a similar approach for the search page though. It
seems to be related to the page index script but those format variables
have html in it and not wiki markup so I am not sure how to activate
the same Title script. Maybe I am just not seeing the relevant Fmt
variable?

Thanks