[pmwiki-users] page-variables for newbie

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Wed Sep 14 17:16:08 CDT 2005

At Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:17 PM [GMT+1=CET], Dominique Faure wrote:

> At Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:22 PM [GMT+1=CET], Pierre-Marie Carette
> wrote:
>
>> A group.page has :
>> version,agent,author,host,name,rev,targets,text,time,diff
>>
>> Is it possible to generalize : how ?  buid-add a / several  variables
>> like
>>
>> valchoice=a,b,c,d
>> question=What xxxx for this page ?
>> Yourchoice=me,date,b
>> Yourchoice=you,date,c
>> observation=observator,obs-time,value
>> exam=corrector,note,reasons
>> todo=date,value
>>
>> varName=var1,var2,var3...
>>
>> with
>> (:var varName,textvar1,varchoice,textvar2,textvar3:)  to create a form
>> (:var varName,var1,var2,var3:)  to read the values
>> (:var varName,var2:)  to read the value of var2
>> (:var varName:)  to clean the values
>>
>> In PmWiki , there is already form but how links page to new values ....?
>>
>> After the wiki-philosophy (free content for the web page) the wiki-
>> var  ?   ;-)
>>
>> PS for the answer ;-)  :  I'm not informatician ! just used user of a
>> wonderful wikitool ;-)
>>

> Already embedded into Cookbook/ConditionalExtensions (but not documented
> for now), you'll find the (:properties:) markup. You may use:
> * (:properties var1=value1 var2=value2 ...:) to set values to vars
> * (:if property var value:) ... (:if:) to test values
>
> If desired, I could release this as a single cookbook recipe with the
> extra markup
> {$property var$} to retrieve property value directly into the page.
>
> Regards,
> Dom

(replying to myself...)

I've made some housekeeping, cleaning Cookbook/ConditionalExtensions and
creating Cookbook/Properties on its own. BTW, your question is likely to be
answered with a form recipe (and I sorry to say that but you would certainly
need some technical background to solve it).

Regards,
Dom