[pmwiki-users] Re: Pmwiki emacs mode

Milan Lukic milan at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 12 07:58:37 CDT 2005

This does it! Thank you very much.

> Just use `pmwiki-open`, i.e. 'Esc-x pmwiki-open' to open a page.
>
> You should also be using the CVS version of pmwiki-mode, see this page
>
> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/EmacsModes/CVS
>
> (if you aren't using the CVS version, let me know and I'll place a bigger
> note about it on the donwload page)

I don't know if it is CVS or not, but I think not. I followed the
links from the Cookbook page and I believe that I finally clicked on
"download" rather than CVS. In any case, my tar.gz file is
pmwiki-mode-1.4-pre2.tar.gz.

> > My wiki is installed on a laptop with no modem or net card. Thus, it
> > is stand-alone machine, running Slackware 10.0 Linux, and I access
> > PmWiki by "browser (can be netscape, galeon, mozilla, konqueror)
> >  http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> That shouldn't make a difference. Try `pmwiki-open' with the argument
>
> 	http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

The /Main/HomePage was the key. I tried first Main.HomePage (that is
suggested in Emacs' minibuffer, and I tried to copy the address line
from the browser ... I am pretty sure that I tried /Main/WikiSandbox,
but I was probably missing pmwiki.php in that case ...

If I may ask another question. I see that "C-C C-B" starts Netscape,
is there  a way to play with other browsers as well (I have about 4 of
them on that computer)?
Thanks again,
Milan