[pmwiki-users] Re: Pmwiki emacs mode

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Sep 12 01:30:15 CDT 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Milan Lukic wrote:

> I unzipped and untarred pmwiki-emacs mode package in my
> .../emacs/site-lisp, and then I modified my .emacs file as suggested in
> pmwiki.el, but I have not been able to make a correct guess as to how to
> enter the URL to any of my pmwiki pages. That is, in emacs scratch
> buffer, I enter "Esc-X pmwiki-mode", then I do "C-C C-O" and I am
> prompted to enter "Name or URI", but I can't find a "winning"
> combination. Whatever I try, I get either "pmwiki-page-uri is empty" or
> not a valid http pattern ...

Just use `pmwiki-open`, i.e. 'Esc-x pmwiki-open' to open a page.

You should also be using the CVS version of pmwiki-mode, see this page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/EmacsModes/CVS

(if you aren't using the CVS version, let me know and I'll place a bigger
note about it on the donwload page)

> My wiki is installed on a laptop with no modem or net card. Thus, it
> is stand-alone machine, running Slackware 10.0 Linux, and I access
> PmWiki by "browser (can be netscape, galeon, mozilla, konqueror)
>  http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

That shouldn't make a difference. Try `pmwiki-open' with the argument

	http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

/Christian