[pmwiki-users] very subtle bug in blocklist2 script

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sat Sep 10 00:39:45 CDT 2005

Attentive readers may remember my complaint some time ago that I had
a Catch-22 situation where the blocklist script would not let me
update the blocklist because it contained words in the blocklist.

This just happened to me again, and I think I have identified the problem.

Blocklist2 checks to see if you are editing the actual blocklist page
and just returns if that is the case.

However, on a Windoze server, pages named "Blocklist" and BlockList"
(note cap "L") map to the same file. On my system the actual file
name was Blocklist, but I entered BlockList in the URL, which
retrieved the correct page, but failed on the page name match test
inside the Blocklist2 code.

This can probably be fixed with a case-insensitive comparison.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668