[pmwiki-users] strange error messages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 8 07:20:30 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 09:16:15AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> On pmwiki.org I get the following error messages displayed at the top,
> using Gemini skin and *only* in the Test group.
> for instance go to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/GeminiThemes
> and click "Set the skin to Gemini"

Because of the error messages that Pierre-Marie Carette was getting
(essentially, having error_reporting set very high), I turned on
all error messages and warnings for the Test group on pmwiki.org
with error_reporting(E_ALL).  This helps to expose potential errors.

> Notice: Undefined variable: rpage in
> /home/pmichaud/pmwiki/pub/skins/gemini/skin.php on line 147

Here it's warning that the $rpage variable is being used when it hasn't
been initialized.  In my scripts where I know this usage is okay I usually
suppress the warnings by placing an "@" in front of the expression.

Most sites run with warnings suppressed so it's normally not
an issue, but every so often the warnings get turned on (e.g.,
when someone wants to debug a script) so I try to test the code
with warnings on and remove those whenever I can.  I've been a little
behind on that lately.  :-|

> Notice: Undefined index: Locale in /home/pmichaud/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
> line 495
> Notice: Undefined index: TimeFmt in /home/pmichaud/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
> on line 496

I'll fix these in pmwiki.php -- thanks.