[pmwiki-users] Two small comments (might be bugs)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 7 04:37:12 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 07:39:26AM +0200, Philippe Krait wrote:
> I have noticed two things while fiddling with PmWiki (and it is so good
> that I am loath to bring these here :).

We're after continuous improvement, so anything you may have noticed
is a welcome comment!

> The most "annoying" one is that there are "ghost" pages that still show
> up in the pagelist index. These are pages that have been deleted a long
> time ago, and their title still appears. This is very strange as not
> only were these pages deleted with the "delete" in the page, but the
> files were also removed. So how comes that pagelist still finds them ?

I don't know -- this doesn't make any sense to me either.  By default
pagelist scans the entire page directory, so if there are "ghost"
pages appearing then they have to be stored *somewhere* for pagelist
to find them.
   * Do you have any recipes loaded (e.g., fastbacklinks) that might
     be manipulating pagelist?
   * Could you give names of some of the "ghost" pages?

> There is also an interference between the extended markup cookbook
> receipe and pagelist (in the dictindex form).

I see that John has already answered this, so I'll defer to his
answer for now.  We can certainly fix this one way or another.  :-)