[pmwiki-users] Re: Notes and plans for PmWiki 2.1

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Oct 24 10:12:00 CDT 2005

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 10/21/05 4:36 PM >>>
Lastly, I'll note that it possible to *buy* features.  :-)
So far PmWiki is still mostly volunteer work for me, and
I do have other things on my plate.  So, if someone (or a
group of someones) wants to send me some money to fast-track
a particular feature, I'm sure we can arrange it.  I've
even thought about putting "Buy it now!" prices on some
features, so that when enough people have committed to
the buy-it-now price, I drop whatever I'm doing and add
the feature to collect my money.  The coordination of
funds from multiple donors could be coordinated through
fundable.org, where nobody is charged anything until the
full subscription amount is reached.

I have no problems at all with this idea, and would happily contribute $20 towards getting the comments feature folded into the core, or at least get the existing Cookbook approaches integrated into the anti-spam and MailPosts features.

David