[pmwiki-users] PmCalendar 1.0rc2 released

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Fri Oct 21 10:52:30 CDT 2005

Well... more changes than anyone should do in an "rc" cycle.

Major change was in the handling of the Markup ruleset placement.
A long standing typo made things work "ok", but not correctly.
I think PmCalendar is doing things the "right" way now (but
I'm still pretty new to all of this yet).  So PmCalendar now
uses "directives" and properly calls PRR() before return
of the data.

1.0rc2 also adds a new feature allowing for recurring dates
to be entered into a PmCalendar group whne the year=ACAL.
Then these dates can be included into a calendar using
acal=SomeCalendar if there are ACAL entries inside of
SomeCalendar.

More ways to turn off some things... these are nice
to have... just because so much is actually processed
by other tools even if css takes care of visibility.
Full list of changes is on the Cookbook/PmCalendar page.
I added a new theme called PmCal-Mini.css and an example
at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cjc/Cjc  for those who
like the tiny calendars with no text (similar to
WikiCalendar).  Some of the changes in PmCalendar 1.0rc2
are needed to make that work right.

Whew!!  Test like crazy folks.  I really want to get
1.0 done.