[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki] Help! Copied Wiki disabled!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 16 22:35:34 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 04:03:02PM +1300, Allister Jenks wrote:
> I had a PmWiki running nicely on one of my existing domains as a
> prototype.  Now I've got a new domain set up and I have copied the
> entire Wiki installation across and changed the two URLs in my local
> config.php.  I can view the site just fine but when I go to edit a
> page, I get stuck in the edit and cannot save nor cancel!

...you can't *cancel*?  That's very odd.

> I tried
> comparing the permissions to the original installation and as far as I
> can see they are the same now.  wiki.d has 755 and most of the files
> within have 666.

Unless wiki.d is owned by the same userid that the webserver runs
as, then wiki.d needs to have 777 permissions.  The permissions on
the individual files in wiki.d/ doesn't matter (as long as they're
readable by the webserver).

So, try setting wiki.d/ to 777 and see if that fixes things.

> Can anybody help?

Any chance that the clocks on one of the servers involved
is substantially off?

If the above permissions change doesn't fix things, then
you might try setting $EnableSimulEdit=0; in your local/config.php
file and then see if you're able to save pages.  If that fixes
things, then I'm guessing that the timestamps are all wrong on
the files and it's always finding a potential edit conflict.
(If this is indeed the problem, let me know and I can provide
an easy fix.)

If neither of the above help, is there a url for the new domain
that we could look at?