[pmwiki-users] Weird HTML Sploodge with UserAuth

Christopher Dant cdant at virsa.com
Mon Oct 10 20:18:40 CDT 2005

OK, so I'm finishing up adding preliminary content to an intranet wiki
and things are going really great until this minor, weird stuff starts
happening.

Running pmwiki-2.0.10 and UserAuth 0.64 with the CleanURLs recipe
apparently working, and the default skin.

When I visit my wiki by typing it's url: http://mywiki (not its name but
note no domain) some characters appear before the HTML page. Depending
on the skin the characters vary. With the default skin it's "ul>":

ul>
<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<head>
...etc...

When I hit the refresh button on the browser, the characters do not
appear.

When I comment out the include_once for userauth.php, the problem never
happens.

I'm willing to dig in but I really need a pointer on where to start. I
looked at userauth.php but didn't see much that I understood (yet).

Thanks for any hints or direction,

Chris