[pmwiki-users] Re: sharing pages in a wiki farm

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Oct 4 16:10:07 CDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> By following the instructions on this page:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm
>
> I was able to create a shared.d/ directory in the wiki farm (A) and
> access and modify pages in it from one of the fields (B). I put all
> of the code into the field (B) config.php file.

Btw, I put all the code I posted before in farm/local/farmconfig.php.

> The problem is that PmWiki gets confused about where to write the
> AllRecentChanges record - it puts it into a page called
> Site.AllRecentChanges in A/shared.d/ rather than B/wiki.d/.

That's probably because the group Site/ is shared... you could keep
Site/ from being shared. However, I want 'Site/' as the name of the shared
group, so I did this instead:

$RecentChangesFmt = array(
  "$FieldGroup.AllRecentChanges" =>
  '* [[$Group.$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink',
  '$Group.RecentChanges' =>
  '* [[$Group/$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink');

where I've set '$FieldGroup' to 'Field', i.e. it's the name of a group
that's specific to each field. My intention was that this would make
AllRecentChanges be written to Field.AllRecentChanges rather than
Site.AllRecentChanges. However, I'm not positive I got this working
properly (there might be some conflict with urlapprove.php or something).

I hope this helps.
/Christian