[pmwiki-users] sharing pages in a wiki farm

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Oct 4 15:18:09 CDT 2005

By following the instructions on this page:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm

I was able to create a shared.d/ directory in the wiki farm (A) and
access and modify pages in it from one of the fields (B). I put all
of the code into the field (B) config.php file.

The problem is that PmWiki gets confused about where to write the
AllRecentChanges record - it puts it into a page called
Site.AllRecentChanges in A/shared.d/ rather than B/wiki.d/.

Is there any way around this? Or is there a better way to share files
amongst fields?

I have two classes of files I want to share:
1) information only (so no editing by users)
2) Profile pages, where users need to be able to edit their profiles.

I presume that for links like [[~NeilHerber]] to work, the group
*must* be called Profiles ...

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/