[pmwiki-users] Section 508 compliance

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:06:48 CST 2005

> Well, I don't know that it's already compliant, I'm just saying
> I'll be glad to make changes to aim in that direction.  :-)
No not quite, but almost. For starters, all form fields must have
labels. From what I have seen, non of the form fields generated by
PmWiki have labels except the EditTitle recipe (shameless plug),
Patrick, you might want to see how I implemented that so the label is
both editable and translatable (I think - Unfortunately I only know
English so I haven't tested that part)

To test your sites for 508 compliance go here:

Currently that is the only problem I see, but I  haven't really
checked more than my homepage and the pmwiki.org home page where, in
both cases the search field fails the alternate text test (the first
test on the list).
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com