[pmwiki-users] Fix for: SearchExtensions broken in beta33

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 26 20:19:57 CDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:51:31AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> I have got SearchExtensions working again. However, we need a patch
> to scripts/pagelist.php function FmtPageList please, Patrick:
>
> - the 3 $GLOBALS statements that set SearchIncl, SearchExcl and
>   SearchGroup need to move *above* the call to $fmtfn (I put them
>   right above the $matches = array(); statement)

Done for beta37.  Of course, this means that if the $fmtfn makes
any changes to SearchIncl, SearchExcl, or SearchGroup then it
needs to (re-)set the globals appropriately.

> I had to do a few fixes because local fmtfm code no longer knows
> the $MatchCount.

In the new design of pagelist, each of the $fmtfn functions is
supposed to set any formatting-specific options, then call
MakePageList().  After calling MakePageList the function can then
determine and set the $MatchCount if it needs it.